Engineering and construction
Senior Electrical Engineer
Imagine a future where you take part in solving technical problems and determining improvements for our fleet of turbines in operation
Join us in this role where you’ll be working back-office with a team of peers in our Operations division in solving technical issues and determining improvements that will help to increase the yield and availability of our wind turbines in operation.
Welcome to WTG Technical
You’ll be part of our Engineering division with other electrical specialists as your closest colleagues and with whom you’ll be technically responsible for all mechanical and electrical components of the wind turbine. As a department, we support the business throughout the value chain, covering technical qualification of new wind turbines, EPC project execution, and, finally, hand-over to operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- delivering back-office, technical support for our turbines in operation together with a global team
- analysing technical issues, determining technical solutions, and reviewing change proposals from suppliers
- solving the tasks using both your own resource and the support of colleagues from WTG Technical and other peers
- working with a task management system and take part in planning meetings where the work is broken down into manageable tasks.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering or a similar technical background
- preferably have experience with servicing or designing electrical parts of wind turbines, for example generators, converters, transformers, EMC, and low voltage auxiliary systems
- can break down work into clear tasks, report on progress, and communicate with stakeholders
- preferably have experience with DMAIC, 8D, or similar troubleshooting methods
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30-01-2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Alysha (Noor Alysha) Aizai Azan, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be having extended stays in other Ørsted offices and occasionally visiting suppliers and wind farm sites.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.