Engineering and construction
SCADA Cable Engineer
Imagine a future where you work on a large physical communication infrastructure, ensuring reliable connectivity in our international wind farm portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll become a cable engineer responsible for designing and overlooking the development of cabling, both optical and copper, for all data, voice, and radio communication in the wind farms.
Welcome to SCADA Secure Connect
You’ll be part of SCADA Cable where you, together with your colleagues, will participate in establishing the communication between different parts of the wind farm locations. You’ll be allocating optical fibres in export cables between onshore and offshore substations and in array cables between the wind turbines. Cable engineers also control communication panels’ design, their interconnections, and patching infrastructure. You’ll be the glue that makes all our systems talk to each other all the way from the wind turbines to the land-based IT infrastructure.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the design of our communication cable infrastructure
- handling cable lists and drawings for fibre optic and Ethernet cables using dedicated software tools, e.g. ePLAN
- following a contract with a rack supplier and ensuring high quality of deliveries
- participating in onsite visits to ensure the right quality
- administering our tender requirements and best practices.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a trained electrician with experience with fibre optic and Ethernet installations or are newly graduated with a master’s degree in electrical engineering or at an equivalent level
- are passionate about fibre optic, Ethernet, and coaxial cables as well as LV power
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently and thrive in an international environment, being able to create good relationships with your stakeholders
- thrive behind a desk and have strong experience with Microsoft Office and electrical design software.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 28 February 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lukasz Brewka, Head of SCADA Secure Connect, on +4599556289 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work as, in the early phases of the projects, you’ll participate in tests and inspections at our suppliers’ sites in Europe, Asia, and North America. Later stages will include wind farm inspections, including occasional offshore stays, at the project locations (Europe, Asia, North America).
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.